Body Source/Pro Breeze Ultrasonic Aroma Diffuser for Essential Oils – £19.87
This diffuser uses ultrasonic vibrations to instantly vaporize water and essential oils for pure, clean dispersion. It’ll make your house smell like a woodland fairytale and lift your spirits to the moon.
Unlike burners, the integrity of the oil is preserved since there is no heat involved. The diffuser does not emit any smoke or produce weird residues that stick to the walls or house linens (like incense – yuck). There are no chemical additives necessary (as with many oil diffusing sticks – which come with such real life warnings as: harmful to aquatic life with long lasting effects or causes serious eye irritation… um no thanks).
And while it may seem like an odd choice for an eco-beauty review site, it is relevant; not only do diffused oils have beauty applications, they also directly impact your mental, emotional and physical wellbeing (and we all know that true beauty is an amalgamation of these).
- Disperses essential oils without heating, distorting, or destroying their integrity
- 7 different light colors, plus color-changing mode, or discrete non-lit mode (aqua, violet, chartreuse, fuscia, turquoise, red, gold)
- Light/dark brightness setting
- Has continuous stream or 2 intermittent modes that will last 1-2 hours respectively
- Intermittent mode lasts 6.5 hours when filled to max capacity (100ml)
- Constant mode lasts 3.5 hours when filled to max capacity (100m)
- Automatically turns off when it runs out of water
- Never gets hot
- Economical aromatherapy option – a few drops can fill an entire house with lovely aromas
- Super quiet
- Energy efficient LED light
- Humidifies the air
- Plugs in – no need to worry about batteries
- Can be used medicinally, for mood, stress, home, or beauty purposes when paired with the right essential oil
- Especially good for colds and respiratory issues when paired with the appropriate essential oil
- Simple, elegant, minimal design
- Not reliant upon candles, fire, heat or chemicals
- Can purchase from Amazon
- Scent runs out quickly when set to continuous stream mode
- Humidity increase might be problematic for damp prone houses
- Only seems to be available in the UK
I have tried several different diffuser options in my day; and frankly they were all rubbish. I assumed it was the preserve of mystical apothecaries to smell even half-way delightful without chemical grossness at play.
Not to mention, tons of the humidifying diffusers just look like massive spaceships – not subtle or charming.
However! My Body Source/Pro Breeze Ultrasonic Aroma Diffuser is a game changer and dream maker. In short: it’s love.
It has sent me on an essential oil buying frenzy, and now my home smells like Shakespearean sonnets and wild rivers. The scented cloud puffs manage to fill my entire house, with a grand total of about ten drops per 6.5 hour session of intermittent mode use.
Aromatherapy sessions can be expensive, but you can reap the benefits of mood enhancement, neuro-stimulation, beauty boosting, and health improvement all in one go.
- geranium for all things skin
- eucalyptus, tea tree, and peppermint for colds and congestion
- lavender, bergamot, and chamomile for calming anxiety and inducing sleep
- lemon, cedar, and sandalwood for zesty vim
- **My UK essential oil supplier is Naissance
I did find that the continuous use mode spent the oils very quickly. While it was a potent initial blast, I did have to top up the oils for long term dispersion. Whereas, the oils managed to hold their punch all the through when used on intermittent mode. I suppose it depends on what you’re after; if you need your room to smell like boudoir d’amour quick sticks, use continuous mode. But if you don’t mind slow-and-steady-wins-the-race, try the intermittent.
Be sure to use high-quality oils that have no extra binders or sneaky ingredients; I unwittingly put some skanky mix from a friend in there and it took WEEKS (plus several vinegar soaks and baking soda scrubs) for the smell to come out of the plastic. No bueno.
Pro-Breeze seems to have teamed up with/been taken over by Body Source, which is why my model has slightly different branding to those currently available via amazon.co.uk.
I purchased this product myself, free of any affiliate relationship. All opinions and experiences are entirely true and my own.