Naissance Cedarwood, Atlas Oil 50ml/£5.99
The warm whiskey kiss of essential oils, this golden beauty is as sensual as it is practical.
Excellent for noble men and fair ladies alike, in all ways, in all weathers. To be used for the improvement of health, the attainment of beauty, and the whipping up of domestic bliss.
- 100% pure and natural
- Excellent value for money, particularly when larger quantities are purchased
- Extremely potent, true fragrance
- Gender neutral/unisex
- Cruelty Free
- GMO Free
- Chemical, additive, synthetic free
- Ethical supplier
- Packaging is recyclable and/or biodegradable
- Less packaging and environmental impact due to bulk quantity
- Free shipping on orders over £25
- Some Naissance items available on Amazon
- Can be used for:
- Antifungal and antiseptic
- Balancing oily skin
- Diffused for catarrh, congestion, stress relief
- Fungal infections
- Gum health
- Hair growth stimulation
- Hair loss remediation
- Improves focus
- Insect repellent
- Menstruation regulation
- Muscular aches, pains, and spasms
- Muscle tightening/toning
- Moth control in closets and drawers for fine, natural fabrics (wool, silk, etc)
- Respiratory relief
- Skin irritation
- Limited availability outside the UK (prices may be different to the above listed)
- Can be highly irritating to skin, eyes, and mucous membranes if used undiluted (as with all essential oils)
- Caution should be used by all pregnant and breastfeeding women when using any essential oil
- Non organic
Now, I’m a stickler for organic; somehow (entirely my own oversight) I bought non-organic by accident. Total goose. So I reluctantly admit that this does not bear the usual credentials I look for and live by.
Saying that, it is 100% pure and natural. I source most of my oils from Naissance, and I know they’re very conscious of ethics and the integrity of their goods. I let myself off the hook this time, because I know I am in good, green hands.
And it must be said, I LOVE this cedarwood essential oil. Oh, bliss. While it’s often touted as a masculine/men’s oil, I’m all over it. Cedar smells like sex and trees and earth. I diffuse it and use it in my personal perfume blend almost daily. And while I’ll make sure to get organic next time, I will absolutely be keeping this one on my shelf, next to my crystals and quartz, forever.
I do also lend it to my partner from time to time, and he also loves it. It took me a while to get him weaned off his mainstream cologne, and I did so by luring him in with a cedarwood and organic bergamot mix. So much healthier than those glamorous chemical cocktails with incredible prices. No need, no thanks.
I’ve also blended it with organic tea tree and lemon essential oils for a brisk and bright hair conditioning bar that works a magical little treat on the old tresses.
Since it’s helpful in dealing with cellulite, I like to put a neat drop or two on my dry brush and give my thighs and buns a good detoxifying, lymph-stimulating scrub.
I talk about Naissance a ton, and for good reason. They’re my fave UK essential oil supplier and the shiniest stars when it comes to selling bulk organic elemental healthy and beauty supplies (bulk is the absolute best way to get high quality health and beauty supplies for cheap without compromising on quality or ethics).
You can’t find oils in these quantities at this quality anywhere else, without going full on wholesale. Plus, when you can buy in larger quantities, it means less packaging and transport all the way around – and I’m always happy to know that my vanity is paving the way for a greener, safer, healthier planet.
Definitely recommended to all ladies and gents of the land, especially yon Brits.
Here is my personal perfume blend:
- 1 Tbsp Organic Almond Oil (any neutral carrier would do nicely)
- 5 Drops Organic Cedar Essential Oil
- 5 Drops Organic Geranium Essential Oil
- 5 Drops Organic Rosemary, Lemon, or Bergamot Essential Oil
Put all ingredients into a sterilized pump or dropper bottle. Shake. Use as desired over any area of the body. *Note: this mix is too potent for facial use.
For more on how to make magic with cedarwood essential oil, here are 15 Ways to Use Cedarwood Essential Oil for Wisdom and Beauty by Dr. Axe.
I purchased this product myself, free of any affiliate relationship. All opinions and experiences are entirely true and my own.